Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
Friends Hospital upholds a campus-wide, tobacco-free policy. This means patients, visitors, employees and physicians are prohibited from using tobacco products anywhere inside or outside the facility. The policy is endorsed by health advocacy groups, including the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, National Alliance on Mental Illness and the American Cancer Society. It is intended to help Friends Hospital maintain the healthiest possible environment for patients, employees and visitors.
As a healthcare organization, our mission is to protect the health of those in our community while promoting and supporting a culture of healthy living. We appreciate your adherence to this policy.
For information on quitting or cutting back on tobacco use, call the tobacco quit line at 800-QUIT-NOW. Your call will be answered by a trained coach who can help you through the quitting process.
- PA Quitline (800-QUIT-NOW) – Free smoking cessation services for all Pennsylvanians 24/7
- Nicotine Anonymous (877-TRY-NICA) – Self-help meetings based on the 12-step model
- Text2Quit (text the word “QUIT” to 47848) – Free support via text message (text messaging rates may apply)
- Become an Ex – Free resources and planning tools
- Smokefree – Clearinghouse of free resources for smokers looking to quit
For Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Recovery
- NAMI – Taking Care of Your Body
- Healthline – Quitting Smoking May Improve Your Health
- Recovery Ranch – 5 Facts About Quitting Smoking in Recovery